All There Is To Know About SMS Marketing
With the wide adoption and use of the mobile phone, sending SMS is has become one of the most common means of communication. Many new businesses are opting for SMS and some even prefer SMS over Fax marketing. What most of them do not know is that both can be used together. SMS marketing is a marketing channel that permits business to send marketing message through SMS. SMS is the same thing as text messaging, don't get confused over it. SMS marketing messages come in different types. Many see fax marketing as an old way of communicating with customers which is not true, but if you believe that too and wish to communicate with your customers in a modern way, SMS marketing is a perfect choice.
BENEFITS OF SMS MARKETING
Quick access to customers
Basically, a mobile phone is now our best friend and we tend to take it to almost everywhere we go. With that in mind, getting to use SMS as a marketing tool assures you that your customers will get your marketing message on time, read it and if it requires any action, they would act upon it.
Easy and Convenient:
With SMS marketing, a Business can send out large bulk SMS messages within seconds just by clicking a button. Apart from the simplicity, businesses can also track the number of people who clicked their link as well as those who unsubscribed from their messages. So, they have an idea of how effective their campaign was.
WHAT DO BUSINESSES USE SMS MARKETING FOR?
Businesses use SMS marketing for the following:
- Sales/ offers
- Update on delivery
- Important News
- Informing customers about a new product or service
- Notification and a whole lot more.
IS SMS MARKETING EFFECTIVE?
Do not listen to what people say about SMS marketing. SMS marketing is very much effective. Still, in doubt? Check out this statistics about SMS marketing from top global research firms.
- Approximately 98% of all SMS are read while 45% of customers respond to it.
- Offers sent via SMS have redemption rate 10x more than those of print offers. 75% of people prefer to have offers sent to them through SMS.
- SMS campaigns have a performance rate 7x more than email campaign.
- According to Forbes, 95% of all text is read within a period of 3minutes.
HOW TO GET THE BEST RESULT WHEN USING SMS MARKETING
- Your opening line should be simple and catchy.
- Your message should be short.
- There must be a tone of emergency on your message.
- Differentiate your customer's database and ensure the message you are sending will be relevant to them.
- If you want to get a good response rate, make sure you send the message at the right time of the day.
Now you know what SMS marketing entails – you should try it sometime. If you intend to use SMS marketing for your business, call us today or send an email to info@faxmarketingCanada.net for a free consultation.